- your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail address, fax number;
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of our website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation;
- if you make a reservation or purchase any items using a credit or debit card then we need the card number, cardholder name, expiry date and CVV number;
- your membership details, hotel preferences and travel experiences;
- any survey responses or feedback.
- when you make a hotel reservation or purchase something from our website or on the telephone or by e-mail, letter or fax;
- when you register with us, subscribe to our newsletter, enter competitions or register for promotions;
- when you take part in surveys or provide us with feedback.
We may be provided with personal information by third parties in connection with a reservation at The Raj Palace Hotel, for instance, by a travel agent you may use to make a reservation or by the Raj Palace hotel in connection with your reservation or stay.
Using your personal informationThe Raj Palace may use your personal data in a number of ways, set out below.
Website and marketingThe Raj Palace may also use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you goods purchased via the website and/or supply you with services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you and track payments;
- track your use of the reservation process and contact you once via email regarding your experience;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you e-mail notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by e-mail or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require such marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on the website, SLH will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
The Raj Palace will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Sharing your personal information
How long do we hold your personal information?
The Raj Palace will only store your personal data for as long as is necessary for the legitimate purpose for which it was supplied and it will be destroyed or deleted when it is no longer necessary for The Raj Palace to hold it. You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data at any time although that may impact upon the benefit you get from our website or other services.
Security of your personal information
The Raj Palace will take reasonable legal, technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
The Raj Palace will store all the personal information you provide on its secure (password and firewall protected) servers. Reservations you make with The Raj Palace will be encrypted using SSL technology.
In the course of processing or transmitting your credit card CVV number The Raj Palace will observe and fully comply with the current Data Security Standard of the PCI Security Standards Council.
You accept that data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure and The Raj Palace cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
International data transfers
Personal information that The Raj Palace collects or holds may be transferred to, and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for The Raj Palace or for one of its suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, amongst other things, the fulfillment of any reservation, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
Personal information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States of America) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area. However, wherever possible SLH has implemented the appropriate legal and security measures to ensure that your personal data is protected.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the Internet and may be available, via the Internet, around the world. The Raj Palace cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to any such transfers of personal information.